- Integration of SMI iView X™ eye tracking systems with popular stimulus environments and custom applications
- API with high-level and low-level functions and sample code
- Access to real-time data and tracking status visualizations
- Built-in calibration and validation
Get access to the SMI iView X eye tracking interfaces
The SMI iView X™ Software Development Kit (SMI SDK) allows integration of the SMI iView X™ systems with popular stimulus software (e.g. MATLAB, PST E-Prime®, Python, NBS Presentation®) and custom applications written e.g. in C/C++ and .NET.
The SMI SDK enables these applications to easily remote-control the eye tracker and receive real-time data from the eye tracker by using the network-based communication interface of the iView X™ system.
High and low level functions with sample code
The SMI SDK contains an Application Programming Interface (API) consisting of several high-level functions (e.g. “calibration” and “tracking visualization”) and low-level functions (e.g. “get data”).
The extensive user manual provides a detailed description of more than 30 functions and ready-to-go sample code for a constantly increasing number of stimulus software products and programming languages.
Remote-control and synchronization
The SMI SDK allows a stimulus software or custom application to remote-control and to synchronize with an iView X™ eye tracking system:
- Calibrate/validate the eye tracking system including visualization of the results
- Start/stop the experiment, and store the recorded eye data and separate trials
- Synchronize with the stimulus software through real- time messages
Access to real-time data and visualizations
The SMI SDK provides access to real-time eye data and online tracking status information, thus supporting the implementation of gaze-controlled applications and gaze-contingent paradigms:
- Real-time binocular gaze data, pupil diameter, online fixation events
- Low latency of eye data transfer
- Online tracking monitor and live view of the eye image (for selected devices)
Get more information.